Making noodles and colorful ribbons of vegetables is fun & delicious!
If you love pasta, but are trying to be gluten-free or low-carb or just want ways to eat more vegetables, get yourself a spiralizer. I’m having a blast getting creative with my new favorite kitchen contraption. Seriously, I’ve created fresh salads and a variety of noodle dishes using spiralized zucchini, carrots, beets and sweet potatoes of course.
If you don’t have a spiralizer and want to try this, many supermarkets are offering spiralized sweet potato and other spiralized vegetables like zucchini. I’m very fortunate, because when I get lazy (and it does happen from time to time) my neighborhood Kings Food Market has my back with their Kings Own product line.
Green Diva Lisa and I recently had a bit of fun up in Green Diva Studio north (Portland, Maine) making a savory spiralized sweet potato pasta dish. It’s all relatively quick and easy once you get into the swing of spiralizing.
spiralized sweet potato noodles recipe
what you need
1 or 2 organic sweet potatoes (spiralized – get your own spiralizer or buy pre-spiralized)
1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
5 or 6 mushrooms (sliced)
1 small onion (chopped)
1 – 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 – 2 tablespoon preserved lemons (chopped) (if you have them, they are otherwise optional)
fresh basil (chopped)
sea salt & pepper to taste
watch our fun spiralized sweet potato noodles video tutorial…
what to do
- if you are spiralizing your own, pick sweet potatoes that are relatively straight, which will make it easier to spiralize
- peel and spiralize your sweet potato(s)
- prepare your other ingredients
- heat oil in large skillet
- sautee onions first for a minute or two
- then add mushrooms and sautee for another minute or two
- then add chopped garlic and chopped preserved lemons and sautee for another minute or two
- add spiralized sweet potatoes and sautee for a few mins, until soft
- add basil for the last minute or two of sautéing
Please check out our YouTube channel to see short, funny and useful 1 GD Minute videos with recipes and DIY tutorials. Here’s a recent one…
And if you want to learn more about the content of this video, please read the corresponding post!