This guacamole recipe is not just the “best ever”—it’s super easy and inexpensive to make!
When I flew out to Denver, Colorado this winter to speak at TEDx, I stayed at Dafna (see photo with me) and Michael Jenet’s home.
They’re both close friends, amazing people, and together run the Journey Institute which is a non-profit organization bent on helping people make a difference in the world. Please go get inspired at their site.
While I was there, Michael (shown above) whipped up some of his astoundingly good guacamole. BEST GUACAMOLE RECIPE EVER. I ate most of the bowl myself.
As you all know, avocados are one of my favorite things to eat in the world, so being spoiled rotten as a house guest with avocado love was perfection—I sipped fizzy gin cocktails and snarfed guacamole most of the evening with a giant smile on my face. Thanks Michael; you rawked the guac.
- 2 or 3 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, sliced extra thin
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 jalapeno, diced into tiny pieces
- 1 small tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together. Serve with chips or on its own as a salad. Delicious!
- Please use organic ingredients when possible.
Listen to the latest Green Divas Foodie-Phile podcast segment…