This recipe of almond pesto pasta with zucchini comes to us from Sara of Veggies for Real.
An almond basil pesto sauce perfectly counters the savory zucchini and sweet carrots.
Almond Pesto Pasta with Zucchini
Write a review
For the almond pesto
- 1 1/2 packed cups basil, washed
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
To complete the almond pesto pasta with zucchini
- 4 ounces linguine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
Instructions to make the almond pesto
- Place the basil, nutritional yeast or cheese, almonds and garlic together in a food processor.
- Run the food processor until the basil almond mixture is very finely chopped, stopping the food processor and scraping down the sides with a spatula when necessary.
- While the food process runs, slowly pour the canola oil in through the top window.
- Process until you have a smooth sauce.
- Taste and season with the salt and pepper, adjusting amounts if desired.
Instructions to complete the almond pesto pasta with zucchini
- Place a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat.
- When the water boils, cook the pasta according to package directions, or until the linguine is al dente.
- Drain and transfer back to the pot.
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, make the zucchini and carrots into thin strips to match the linguine.
- Place the pesto in a frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the garlic and almonds become fragrant.
- Add the al dente pasta, zucchini strips and carrot strips to the pan.
- Toss to ensure the pesto sauce is evenly distributed on the pasta and veggie "noodles."
- Divide into 4 portions and enjoy!
The Green Divas http://thegreendivas.com/