I’m almost embarrassed at how easy this recipe is. But it’s a perfect Meatless Monday dish for busy green divas and dudes. Not only that, this broccoli slaw recipe is both healthy and tasty. If you share this post, please use the #MeatlessMonday hashtag!
Disclosure: I’m not 100 percent crazy about using pre-packaged, pre-cut veggies, especially when in plastic. But I’m not perfect. If you have time to julienne broccoli and carrots, that is of course the better option for the environment!
- 1 bag of Trader Joe's Organic Broccoli Slaw
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. chopped organic chives (I clip mine from my backyard...they're so easy to grow!)
- 1 cup raw & organic walnuts
- 4 T. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 T. Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (can substitute organic vinegar, but may need to use less)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss it all together in a bowl.
- chopped organic strawberries
- organic bleu cheese
- Have time to julienne your own veggies? Bravo! You'll need 5 cups worth.
Listen to our latest Green Divas Radio Show foodie-phile segment about how Meatless Monday can help the environment:
Photo by Lynn Hasselberger