Ok, so the reality is, everyone’s poo stinks, but the bathroom doesn’t have to be destroyed and inhabitable for an hour either by poo stink or the toxic or harsh smell of most post poo deodorant sprays. For me, even the “natural” ones can be almost worse than the reason it was sprayed!
This pre-poo spray thing is brilliant and it WORKS! It’s ridiculously easy to make (as you will see) and if one remembers to use it BEFORE you go, it is like magic.
Green Diva Lisa and I made this quick DIY video tutorial while I was visiting up in GD Studio North (Portland Maine) recently.
If you liked this video tutorial, please subscribe to our YouTube channel, because we’ve got a lot more like this one coming soon!
And here are some written instructions with a few more details
What you need
4 oz. spray bottle
20 drops divided by 1 or 2 your favorite essential oils*
2 tablespoons of witch hazel
*here are some green diva tested essential oils and combinations that work, but feel free to get creative with ones that you are familiar with and love.
Lavender + Lemon
Eucalyptus + Lemon
Bergamont + Lemon
Lavender + Eucalyptus
Bergamont + Lavender
What to do
- Put 20 drops of your essential oils (20 drops total; divided if using more than one oil) into your bottle.
- Add 2 tablespoons of witch hazel.
- Shake it thoroughly to emulsify.
- Add water to fill bottle almost to the top (leaving enough room to get spray top in and shake it up good when needed).
- Shake it before using.
- 5 spritzes into the potty BEFORE you go and have a happy poo!