“Fried” rice may first call to mind notions of greasy takeout…
But this cauliflower version is packed with nutrition!
Finely chopped cauliflower takes the place of white rice in this dish, which also features a slew of healthy veggies. This recipe comes to us from Anne of Craving Something Healthy and serves six people!
[Check out Green Diva Meg’s quick, easy, and yummy veggie pad thai recipe]
~1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
~2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
~3 scallions, chopped
~2 cloves garlic, minced
~1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
~4 eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
~1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
~1 1/2 cups shredded Napa or green cabbage
~1 cup shredded carrots
~1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
~1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
~2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
~1 tablespoon sesame oil
1) Place the cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, and pulse about 20 times or until it resembles rice. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a saute pan on high heat, and add scallions, garlic and ginger. Saute for about 2 minutes.
3) Add eggs if using, and mushrooms. Stir well so egg scrambles quickly.
4) Add cabbage and carrots and combine all ingredients well.
5) Reduce heat to low, and add soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil.
6) Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tune into this fun and interesting Green Divas Foodie-Philes episode to learn about cannabis’ health benefits in the kitchen!
Listen to the latest Green Divas Radio Show—and other green, healthy and free radio shows—daily on GDGDRadio.com (or get the GDGD Radio app)!
Asst. Ed. Green Diva Grace / Image via ShutterStock and MeatlessMonday.com
[dynamic-sidebar id=’Custom Widget 2′]