Herbs to aid environmental illness
1) Aloe vera gel (Aloe vera) has been found to help heal radiation burns more quickly by its content of biogenic stimulators that encourage skin repair.
2) Burdock root (Arctium lappa) During the Industrial Revolution, burdock was recommended as medicine to help people cope with the increased pollution. It helps to neutralize and remove toxins from the body.
3) Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale) improves function of body’s organs of elimination. Consider how this plant has done a good job for itself adapting to environmental pollutants.
4) Eleuthero herb (Eleutherococcus senticosus) can help alleviate fatigue, ameliorate symptoms from chemical and radiation exposure and lessen the effects of stress.
5) Ginseng root (Panax ginseng) helps one to decrease the side effects of radiation and recover more quickly its exposure.
6) Green and black tea leaves (Camellia sinensis) are antioxidant, immune stimulant, and contain radioprotective agents.
7) Milk thistle seed (Silybum marianum) helps protect the body from chemical exposure, environmental illness and liver damage.
8) Nettles herb (Urtica dioica) cleanses and strengthens the kidneys as it builds the blood.
9) Peppermint leaf (Mentha piperita) can reduce nausea from radiation exposure.
10) Red clover blossom (Trifolium pratense) improves health in general, helping all the organs of elimination function more optimally.
11) Reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) have been found to bolster the immune system after radiation exposure.
12) Yellow dock (Rumex crispus) improves the function of the kidneys, liver, lymphatic system, intestines and skin thus aiding the body’s natural cleansing process.
Supplements to help one better cope with environmental pollutants include the antioxidants.
1) Vitamin A and beta-carotene improves tissue strength and decrease wound healing time.
2) The B complex can improve stress and fatigue.
3) Vitamin C gives protection against a wide range of pollutants, reduces allergy symptoms, improves healing time and promotes detoxification.
4) Strontium-90 competes with calcium in the body and depletes vitamin D supplies in the body, so vitamin D supplementation may be helpful.
5) Selenium, helps protect one from heavy toxicity (and is found in Brazil nuts, garlic, green and black tea).
6) Zinc is needed for B and T cell production. It also helps in the elimination of aluminum, cadmium, copper and lead.
7) Glutathione is very protective against environmental pollutants.
8) L-cysteine helps the liver breakdown chemicals.
9) Calcium helps protect the body from absorbing radioactive materials.
10) Magnesium helps prevent the uptake of strontium 90.
11) Bee pollen is extremely nutritive and reduces the side effects from radium and cobalt 60.
12) Zeolite clay helps to remove heavy metals and radiation, binding to toxins in the bloodstream and helping them to be eliminated.
Water and air
Epsom salt baths (one pound per bath) can also be used to help draw radiation and toxins out of the body.
Get a water filtering system for the entire household.
Houseplants that are used to reduce indoor pollution include Chrysanthemum, Golden Pothos and Mother-In-Law Tongue, English Ivy, Gerber Daisy, Peace Lily, Spider plants, and Janet Craig.
Campaign for a cleaner, safer and less polluted world! Nuclear power is not the answer.
Listen to the latest full episode of The Green Divas Radio Show….
images via shutterstock.com
[dynamic-sidebar id=’Custom Widget 2′]