Statistically, one in eight women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
We need to lower our exposures to these breast cancer chemicals, stat!
Harvard researchers recently released information on 17 chemicals that can cause breast cancer—and many of them are in products we use every day.
Listen to my Green Divas Health & Beauty podcast to learn more…
Here are just a few places that Harvard researchers found toxic chemicals linked to breast cancer:
1. Eight toxic chemicals linked to breast cancer are in cigarette smoke. Are you sensing a theme, here? If you want to avoid breast cancer, please don’t smoke, ever—or ever again.
2. Car exhaust contains four carcinogenic chemicals. If you live near a busy intersection or freeway, clean indoor air with filters and amazingly effective and powerful houseplants.
3. Gasoline fumes linked to breast cancer can be limited by auto-filling your tank while sitting in the car with windows closed—when you’re waiting in your car, shut off the engine, rather than idling.
[dynamic-sidebar id=’Custom Widget 2′]
4. Fried foods and Charred foods are both linked to breast cancer, so make the fryer and barbeque an occasional treat.
5. Try to bring your own reusable container when you’re taking out; food that’s stored in polystyrene—aka styrofoam—can deliver carcinogenic styrene to your body.
6. Non-stick pans, furniture, rugs and clothes may be convenient, but they are also now linked to breast cancer. Look for stainless or ceramic-coated pans, and avoid “stain-guard” on fabrics and furnishings.
Listen to the latest Green Divas Radio Show featuring Climate Mama, Harriet Shugarman!
Asst. Ed.~Green Diva Amanda | image via shutterstock.com
[dynamic-sidebar id=’Custom Widget 1′]