This dairy free chocolate shake takes only minutes to make – and boy you’ll be glad you did!
We all love chocolate, and with good reason—cacao helps us relax and feel fantastic. Unfortunately most chocolate out there is drowned in cow’s milk, sugar and vegetable oil, none of which is doing your health any favors.
This recipe will lift your spirits, thrill your taste buds and enchant everyone who tastes it. Be warned: you’ll get asked to make this again and again!
Serves 2 as a snack, or 1 as a dairy free breakfast on its own.
You will need: A good blender or hand blender
- 2 handfuls of cashews or almonds, soaked overnight and then drained
- 4 cups/960ml water
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or xylitol
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder, raw carob powder, or a combination of both
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Put your soaked nuts in your blender with the very warm water. Blend well to get a quick “milk.” Add the rest of the ingredients, blend again, and you're done!
- Serve in clear glasses so everyone can see how beautiful it is!
- If you don't want to soak your nuts overnight, you can substitute the nuts with 2 cups/480ml of almond or other nut milk, or oat milk and 2 cups/480ml water.
Listen to the latest Green Divas foodie-phile episode…