butter + coffee = Bada bing.
GD Meg has created a better butter coffee. Based on the popular wellness craze of bulletproof coffee, which is touted to help boost metabolism and brain function, GD Meg has developed her own recipe that is as delicious as it is nutritious.
Listen to the Green Divas Foodie Phile podcast with GD Meg and GD Lynn discussing this delicious beverage…
butter + coffee = orgasmic delicousness.
The benefits of bulletproof coffee as a metabolism and energy booster have been heavily debated on the internet. But one cannot deny that the adapted version by GD Meg is packed with orgasmic deliciousness. Plus, grass fed butter and organic coconut oil are known for their health benefits. Coconut oil, for example can improve digestion and heart health, fight infection and boost the immune system. Grass fed butter is loaded with Vitamin K, which is critical to heart health; it contains Butyrate, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid; and in countries where cows are grass-fed, butter consumption is associated with a dramatic reduction in heart disease risk. Wow. Hold the cream!
So, without further ado, here’s the better butter coffee recipe you’ve been
drooling over waiting for.
- 12 oz. hot, prepared organic, fair trade coffee (I use low-acid too)
- 1 tablespoon good organic, virgin coconut oil (start w/ 1/2 tablespoon if you are not used to it and work up to full tablespoon - it can be rough on the tummy for some folks)
- 1 teaspoon good grass-fed cow butter*
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (i used sweet leaf, which is a lil less processed than some of them)
- 1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder (if using vanilla extract, use a tiny bit less)
- dash - 1/8 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- pinch (to taste) - organic cayenne pepper
- prepare your coffee as you normally would
- add hot coffee and all ingredients to blender and whip it up for half a minute or so.
Coffee “cheers” image via shutterstock.com
Please check out our YouTube channel to see short, funny and useful 1 GD Minute videos with recipes and DIY tutorials. Here’s a recent one…
And if you want to learn more about the content of this video, please read the corresponding post!