Trying to stay healthy but missing sweet treats?
Well, we all need to have some fun some time. And guess what? Treats can be healthy too!
Try this vegan recipe. Not only are these little bites vegan, they’re packed with protein, antioxidants and vitamins. And they’re free of gluten, oil, soy and sugar. All the fun with none of the yuck! Plus they’re super quick to make! Enjoy!
- 1 cup instant quinoa (for gluten free option) or oatmeal flakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut or almond butter (add more if you want some more flavor)
- 1/2 cup organic cacao nibs (for a sugar free option) or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll into balls or make drop cookies by dropping tablespoon sized cookies onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.
Listen to this excellent Green Divas Foodie-Phile segment with Diana Rice, registered dietician for Meatless Monday. Diana dispels the myth of not getting enough protein as a vegetarian, and shares some great vegetable-based protein sources.