This recipe of grilled mushroom cobb salad comes to us from The Mushroom Council.
Grilling this weekend? Try this delicious grilled mushroom cobb salad recipe.
Portabella mushrooms and red pepper strips are seasoned simply and infused with an irresistible smoky flavor from the grill. Blue cheese and romaine lettuce balance the smoky grilled veggies with tang and crunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch slices
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup your favorite vinaigrette
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Whisk the oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Brush the red pepper and mushroom slices with the oil mixture.
- Place the red pepper pieces on a skewer.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the kabobs and cook 5 minutes more.
- Toss the lettuce with the vinaigrette and transfer on a shallow serving platter.
- Arrange the mushrooms, roasted peppers, eggs and blue cheese across the bed of lettuce and enjoy!
- We recommend the use of organic ingredients.
Listen to this Green Divas Foodie-Phile segment featuring Terra Wellington, who talks about easy ways to transition to a more veggie-based diet.