This recipe is from Patrice Berry of circle-b-kitchen.com.
Tamari and toasted sesame oil come together for a salty smokey seasoning that will redefine the way you think about tofu.
Green Bean Ginger Spaghetti Stir Fry
Write a review
- 4 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 box (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) block extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 inches fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 green onions or scallions, sliced, divided
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- Bring 2 large pots of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- When the first pot of water boils, add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the beans turn bright green, but still maintain their crunch.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to the ice water bath to immediately stop the cooking process.
- Transfer the green beans to a plate after they cool.
- Add the pasta to the other pot and cook according to package instructions, or until the pasta is just cooked.
- Drain, taking care to reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- Transfer the pasta back to the pot.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tofu and brown on all sides for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle the tofu with 2 tablespoons of the tamari and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil.
- Stir to ensure that the tofu cubes are evenly seasoned.
- Taste the tofu and adjust its seasoning if desired.
- Transfer the tofu to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan that you cooked the tofu in.
- Add the ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and 3/4 of the sliced scallions to the pan.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until the ginger and garlic begin to become fragrant.
- Add the blanched green beans and bell pepper strips to the pan.
- Stir fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are just cooked through.
- Pour the remaining soy sauce and toasted sesame oil over the green beans.
- Add the tofu and cooked pasta to the pan, tossing to ensure all ingredients are evenly seasoned.
- Remove the pan from heat. Sprinkle each serving with the remaining sliced scallions.
The Green Divas http://thegreendivas.com/