Ok. Because I’m a little obsessed with posting images of my foodie adventures on instagram, I’ve been getting requests for my morning smoothie recipe. This vegan protein smoothie has been evolving over the years. I started incorporating cayenne pepper, turmeric and cinnamon a couple of years ago, and added the Maca and Goji Berry powders last year. The fruit involved depends of course on what is seasonally available and of course, I try to use only organic ingredients and my super healthy filtered and remineralized water.
This smoothie is definitely a meal replacer and keeps me and my tummy happy and content till lunchtime, even after a good morning workout. But there are definitely times I’ve had it for lunch or even dinner! Here’s the basic recipe . . .
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbls organic flax seed oil
- 3/4 - 1 cup organic fruit (I generally use blueberries, strawberries & mango)
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder (I use Garden of Life's Raw protein - organic, plant-based, good)
- 1 tsp organic Maca powder
- 1 tsp organic Goji Berry powder
- dash of organic cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp organic ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp organic turmeric
- 1/8 tsp organic cinnamon
- powdered stevia (optional)
- Blend it all together for about a minute. Drink. Enjoy!