We’re thrilled to have entrepreneur and organic cotton diva Leslie Joy in the studio with us this Thursday night.
The Joy sisters have a New Jersey-based business that is having a positive impact around the globe.
They are committed to creating wonderful, organic and fair trade cotton products and if you haven’t tried any of their clothes, you are missing out!
Meanwhile here are some stunning statistics and excellent reasons why you should consider organic cotton products (from JoyOrganic.com):
- Three percent of the world’s farmable land produced more than 50 billion pounds of cotton in 2007
- Twenty five percent of all insecticides that are manufactured are applied to the cotton crop
- Cotton is the most heavily sprayed field crop on the planet
- One third of a pound of toxic chemicals are used to produce one pound of cotton fiber
- By purchasing organic cotton you save our land and water from being polluted by thousands of pounds of toxic chemicals
Visit the Joy Organic website to learn more and go shopping!
Don’t forget to tune in, log on and listen up:
7 – 8pm EST
every Thursday night!
eat. blog. be merry!