Here are a few of the links that were relevant to the 9.3.11 show!
GREEN DIVA LINKS
The Green Divas on Facebook
The Green Divas on iTunes
The Green Divas on WMTR
GREEN DIVA CORRESPONDENT: Marie Wilson, LA
SLEEPING NAKED IS GREEN SEGMENT:
This fun, new weekly segment is sponsored by Essentia, The Only All Natural Memory Foam Mattress in the World!
Every week will discuss an entry from the hilarious and totally practical book, Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson. Vanessa took a year to try something new and green every day and shares with readers the reality of the choices she made. There are some great ideas – some very simple, some rather intense. We will share some of her adventures in hopes of inspiring our listeners to try a few things to find their way on the road to reducing our carbon footprints.
GREEN DIVA’S Good 2 Know Stuff:
- Make sure neighbors and family are all ok
- Look into generators – check outa cool solar option Phono Solar 800
- Watch out for price gouging, it is ILLEGAL, so report anyone who is price gouging and don’t pay the higher prices
- When rebuilding and renovating, look for materials that will be safer for you and the environment in the long run.
- If you need to replace a hot water heater, consider hot water on demand units
- If you need to replace appliances, insulation or windows etc, check about local incentives programs for energy-saving replacements.
- For those with serious clean up after the storm, consider vinegar where you would use bleach
- If you are replacing floors, research non-toxic, low-carbon footprint flooring options
- Research all the alternatives in plumbing, sheet rock, etc.
Websites for researching green, non-toxic building materials:
Learn about food safety and the USDA’s suggestions for emergency preparedness – USDA.gov
FEATURED GUEST: Elizabeth Fournier, Funeral Director Cornerstone Funerals
Check Out her Book All Men Are Cremated Equal
Look up Green Funerals in your area – GreenBurialAlliance.org
Eternal Reefs – puts your cremated remains in cement balls and adds them to coral reefs, making ocean habitats for sea creatures while encouraging coral reefs to grow. win, win, win!