Here are a few of the links that were relevant to the 2.18.12 show
WIN A BASKET OF NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTS
To enter the drawing, go to the European Wax Center in Denville and tell them The Green Divas sent you and have a chance to win a wonderful goodie basket. Call 973.933.4005 and make an appointment for a FREE wax treatment for first-time customers. It’s not just about removing hair, it’s about revealing beautiful skin.
GUEST GREEN DUDE: Reports from Green Dude Paul Miller, Coordinator for the Town of Morristown Office of Sustainability:
- The Green Divas & the Morristown Office Of Sustainability team up for Earth Day Experience 2012: Stay tuned for the next few months to hear about our plans for the April 22 rockin’ Earth Day Experience in Morristown. You will be able to find information on the Sustainable Morristown website.
- Green Drinks on March 3rd - A social gathering in Morristown to have a fun eco-networking time at the Hyatt Morristown.
- Morris County Sunday Supper Series on March 25th at the Black Horse Tavern in Mendham.
- Sustainable Jersey Certification program has been incredibly successful engaging local communities to rise to this rigorous certification program.
WHY SHOULD WE CARE about…..?
We are asking EVERYONE, what you are most passionate about when it comes to sustainable living and to tell us why we should care. Here are some of our latest GD friends who called in this week:
- Sara Stavrou – Super model, actress, founder of Sarafine. Sara is all about recycling and reusing, check her website.
- Ed Begley, Jr. – Actor, activitst, Living with Ed, Begley’s Best – Ed not only answer’s the question “Why should we care?”, but tells us about his new TV show “On Begley Street, where we will see what he puts into the building of a new house.
SLEEPING NAKED IS GREEN SEGMENT
This weekly segment is sponsored by Essentia, The Only All Natural Memory Foam Mattress in the World! Every week we will discuss an entry from this hilarious and totally practical book, Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson.
Listen to this week’s 5-min segment: Write poetry in haiku form only (? – we couldn’t figure out either, so we read some of our favorite poems about nature)
Blessing / Poem by Coline Fairless
Written for the Green Divas Radio Show in May 2011
May we be planted by the waters,
A planting so deep, our roots sink down into the rich moist earth until we stand on solid rock
May our minds and hearts know the intimate touch of the wind, our faces the heat and healing power of the sun,
Until we know ourselves as one with all life.
If I Found Water on Mars by Kerri McCaffrey
If I found water on Mars,
the red crust
of Martian soil—
with my NASA
(as if lancing some boil)—
the red sands white—
my nation watching
from Mothership Earth
like a hungry pride
as their domestic lion turned wild
initiated her first kill
the media lauding,
“Isn’t she valiant!”
I would kneel and pray
for that planet
(as a compassionate alien),
like some astronaut priest
beseeching God’s mercy
on that place’s soul
and other points
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
EcoKaren (aka Karen Lee), EcoKaren.com, EcoEtsy.com, GreenLivingIdeas.com
Karen will be speaking at the prestigious annual Martha Stewart’s Dreamers and Doers conference on March 6. GD SCOOP! Karen announced that her EcoEtsy Team will be participating in a special Practically Green program designed just for her team.
GREEN DIVAS GOOD TO KNOW STUFF: