Here are a few of the links that were relevant to the 9.10.11 show!
GREEN DIVA LINKS
The Green Divas on Facebook
The Green Divas on iTunes
The Green Divas on WMTR
GREEN DIVA CORRESPONDENT: Laima Brown, Gulf Shores, AL
Update on BP Oil Spill – Slowly but surely getting everything all cleaned up down in the gulf. It’s projected to be pre-spill conditions by this January. Trying to trust the good news.
Art Weeds – Check out Laima’s art & jewelry at artweeds.com
SLEEPING NAKED IS GREEN SEGMENT:
This fun, new weekly segment is sponsored by Essentia, The Only All Natural Memory Foam Mattress in the World!
Every week will discuss an entry from the hilarious and totally practical book, Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson.
Today’s tip: Leave the do not disturb sign on your door during the entire duration of your stay. This will keep the maids out and save energy on unnecessary laundry, vacuum usage as well as the use of toxic cleaning products.
Learn the best method and most green travel with the least impact on the environment.
According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – “Air travel accounts for 3.5% of human contributions to global warming”
Eco Travel Sources:
Orbitz.com - has an eco-tourism page with how to rent a hybrid car
Terrapass.com - to calculate carbon footprint
GD LISA’S TAKE TWO SEGMENT: The Sun
- Make some sun tea, its easy and good for you and you dont have to use energy to heat the water.
- Sun provides us vitiman D – About 10 mins on your face a day is all that is needed.
- Use sunscreen!
GREEN DUDE SCOTT’S SEGMENT: Leasing the Sun
- Lease solar energy with Sungevity, it could cost less than your energy bill and it is good for the earth.
- Sungenvity has a Solar Ice Cream Truck
- And you can find Sungevity at Loews!
FEATURED GUEST: Shannon Coulter, VP Marketing 1 Block Off the Grid
- Join the Solar Community; 1 Block off the Grid organizes group discounts to make Solar Panels for home more affordable
- 85% of people in database are men. Need to get women more involved in green power!
“Like” us on Facebook and mention G2 Organics to get in the running for G2 product give away!