Wishing you had a simple source to get started on your vegetable gardening?
10 Things this Vegetable Growing Cheat Sheet will show you:
2. How far apart to plant seeds
3. What needs propagating
4. What needs to be in a greenhouse
5. What size pot to plant in
6. Distance to thin seedlings out to
7. Germination and maturation times
8. Which pests to look out for
9. What veggies works best together
10. When to harvest!
A couple notes for translation:
Great Britain is warmer than we are in Chicagoland. They’re mostly gardening zone 8, due to the Gulf Stream and maritime effects. We are in zones 5a/5b. Find your zone here.
Some of the vegetable names are a bit different. Mange tout (eat all in French) peas are sugar snap and snow peas. Courgettes are zucchini and borlotti beans are cranberry beans.
Our gardening friends in the UK are known to be some of the best in the world! After reviewing this cheat sheet infographic, enjoy the latest Green Divas Green Thumb segment below!
Images via shutterstock.com.
Listen to the latest Green Divas Green Thumb podcast segment: